Graders are expected to commit to grading 1-4 hours per week (5-10 papers per month) on a consistent basis. Grading can be performed from home or work via the e-Learning system. We ask all graders to commit to remain on the team for at least one year. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Grading System and process for accurately entering grades and feedback, as appropriate
- Demonstrates complete knowledge and understanding of the goals, tasks and solutions (as appropriate) for assigned assessment
- Grades submissions within approximately 72 hours of assignment to grader’s queue
- Provides effective feedback within guidelines for failing candidates
- Attends training (virtually or face-to-face) as necessary
- Informs Grading Chairperson of issues
- Informs SOA staff of times when unable to grade
- Liaises and interfaces with: e-Learning Assessment Grading Chairperson for assigned assessment, Assessment Graders and SOA Staff
- 4 or fewer hours per week
- Minimum of 4 hours per month for one year
- Must be FSA or Career ASA (5+ years as ASA and not pursuing the FSA designation)
- Graders are expected to have effective written communication skills. We are especially in need of graders who are comfortable and able to grade in both English and French. Graders are also expected to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates proficiency in effective communication (writing feedback)
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical and analytic problem solving (graders are exposed to a wide variety of topics and solutions and must be flexible enough to competently review)
*Optional: Ability to read/grade papers written in French
U.S and Canadian members only
None required – Optional face-to-face meetings in U.S. twice a year (March and September) usually on a Monday and Tuesday.
SOA Training Required
New graders are trained via online reading material, sample paper grading and an optional conference call with the grading chair. Additionally, in-person training meetings are offered a couple of times per year. At these meetings we will provide training and introduce new FAP materials. Attendance at the meetings is optional. Travel expenses are reimbursed by the SOA, within current guidelines.