How does this role benefit the work of the organization and the profession?
This role supports the education and credential activities of the SOA, continually developing pertinent content, both foundational and advanced, to ensure the integrity of the SOA’s credentials.
Responsibilities & Duties
The SOA is seeking actuaries to write questions for the Group & Health Risk Mitigation (formerly Specialty) Exam(s) that is (are) offered twice each year.
The responsibilities and duties will include:
- Draft questions that will demonstrate candidates’ mastery of the Learning Objectives associated with a given topic or series of topics at various levels (e.g., recall, synthesis, application, etc.). Revise these questions under the direction and guidance of a Vice Chair.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the SOA Education Confidentiality Agreement
- Opportunity to grade the associated examinations on which these questions may appear
- 21 to 40 hours
- July through December
- Two-year term, renewable
- Must be Member FSA
- Familiarity with the Group & Health Risk Mitigation / Specialty exam concepts is helpful but not required
- Open to any Specializations
U.S. and Canada Only
- Item Writers with high quality questions may be invited to attend a meeting to assist with exam development
- Item Writers will be given the opportunity to attend Central Grading
SOA Training Required
Virtual Item Writer Training will be provided
Disease Management, Risk Management, ERM, Risk Adjustment
Open to all Specializations