How does this role benefit the work of the organization and the profession?
This role supports the education and credential activities of the SOA, continually developing pertinent content, both foundational and advanced, to ensure the integrity of the SOA’s credentials.
Responsibilities & Duties
The SOA is seeking actuaries to write questions for the ERM Core exams that are offered twice each year.
The responsibilities and duties will include:
- Draft and revise, as needed, high quality questions for the ERM examinations
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the SOA Education Confidentiality Agreement.
- Candidates should have good verbal and written communication skills
- 21 to 40 hours
- If invited to attend meetings to review questions: additional 20 hours per year plus travel time.
- Two-year term, renewable
- Must be an FSA
- ERM job responsibilities and/or familiarity with ERM concepts is helpful
- Travel to Item (Question) Writing Training, one-time only
- May be invited to attend one meeting per year to assist in reviewing questions
SOA Training Required
Must attend in-person or online Item Writer Training
Primary Area of Practice
Open to all Specializations