How does this role benefit the work of the organization and the profession?
The Emerging Leader’s Summit helps to transform new and aspiring actuaries into business professional leaders ready to take on the real-life applications of actuarial science. The planning committee members are tasked with providing the SOA with guidance on cutting-edge content and thought-provoking sessions for the target audience.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Participate in virtual committee meetings to create an educational event program
- Identify session titles, descriptions, and potential speakers for each session
- Ensure the program offerings support the SOA’s DEI strategy in content, delivery, and choice of topics and presenters
- 7-month term
- Virtual committee meetings every three weeks from December through May (60 minutes each)
- Attend the 2023 Virtual Emerging Leaders’ Summit
U.S., Canada, International
SOA Training Required
Open to all areas of practice
Open to all specializations