How does this role benefit the work of the organization and the profession?
This role supports the education and credential activities of the SOA.
Responsibilities & Duties
Seeking volunteers to support the CFE-FD Exam. Volunteers will need to read the syllabus material, write questions and grade exams.
The responsibilities and duties will include:
- Read the material and write one question January-March
- Develop a solution to their question and manage their question through
the SOA's approval process
- If question is selected, there is an opportunity to grade the exam
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the SOA Education Confidentiality Agreement
- 61 to 80 hours
- Volunteers should be prepared to read 100-200 pages of syllabus material in February-March. Develop one exam quality question and grading rubric by the end of March. Be available to revise & update the question until early June.
- Grading typically involves 20-30 hours to initially grade exam questions and attendance at a 2.5-day Central Grading session to finalize the grading
- Must be an FSA
- Successful completion of the CFEFD exam is helpful but not required.
- Graders should expect to attend one off-site Central Grading meeting.
SOA Training Required
If new to exam development, it is recommended that the volunteer attend a one-time item writing meeting or go through the on-line training course.
Primary Area of Practice
Open to all Specializations